An arthritis-friendly home
To help your arthritic pet live a comfortable life we recommend a balanced and multi-targated approach. This can help reduct the need for large amounts of medication and lesson the potential side effects of any one treatment.
A few small changes at home may help improve your pet’s comfort so here are our top tips:
1. Keep your pet’s weight in a healthy range to reduce the load on their joints.
2. Provide a dry and comfortable bed, away from draughts and with plenty of padding – heated beds are a good idea for winter.
3. Use a portable ramp to help your dog in and out of the car.
4. Provide an additional piece of furniture so your pet doesn’t have to jump so high to reach their favourite sunny spot.
5. Continue to exercise your pet in moderation; gently daily walks for dogs help keep the joints moving and muscles toned.